Wildlife, Beach, Volcano, And Jungle Tour
We know in advance that the free botanical garden of the Bougainvillea Hotel is something exuberant to enchant the visitor upon arrival.
As a starting point, this tour begins at the Bougainvillea Hotel and continues to the Caribbean jungle of Tortuguero, which will give the traveler a phenomenal experience.
Our Photo Gallery:
If you think that traveling by boat through the natural channels of Tortuguero or having the opportunity to observe Spider Monkeys, even walking with the turtles that come to visit the beach, is excellent, think about the fact that the next place where we will rest is located at the foot of the most impressive volcano in Costa Rica, with views of the lake and world-class trails, Arenal Observatory Lodge will make your feel absolutely welcome.
To finish this tour we will move to the Costa Rican Pacific to enjoy a place full of nature such as impressive trees, Scarlet Macaw, top-notch restaurants, and one of the best beaches in the central Pacific.
What do you think, do you picture yourself on this relaxing tour?
Names of the Main Habitats that we will visit:
- Caribbean lowlands (Tortuguero National Park)
- Open swamps on the country’s northern ending (Nicaragua border)
- Rainforest on the foothills of the Caribbean slope (Arenal Volcano foothills)
- Pacific lowlands (Carara National Park)
- Mangrove (Tarcoles River, extra option)
- Coastline (Golfo de Nicoya, Pacific Coast)
This tour can be modified if necessary, based on the traveler’s needs. We will be assisting you with any questions you might have, just send us a message through any of the official channels like E-mail or WhatsApp and we will gladly assist you with your requirements.
- All lodging
- All meals except arrival dinner and dinner the night before departure
- All taxes on meals, lodging, and included transport
- Transport from San Jose to Mawamba Lodge and return to San Jose
- Naturalist guide and inclusive boat trips during your stay at Mawamba Lodge
- Boat trip on the Tarcol River while staying in Carara area including roundtrip transport from lodge
- Private transport from and to the airport and between lodges other than the Mawamba Lodge package; total is divided by the number of guests
- Entrance fees to Tortuguero NP, Arenal Sky Walk, and Carara NP
- Guide service at Arenal and/or Punta Leona
- Optional extras mentioned in the description of each lodge
Trip Gear and Clothing:
Binoculars are always recommended on all wildlife tours and this one is not an exception.
You are coming to a Rainforest, though you may need simple tools, but useful:
- A good raincoat or waterproof rain gear, always makes a big difference when that unexpected shower comes through, you may not experience any of them, however, keep that in mind
- You should bring an umbrella instead of a raincoat, it can get too hot
- Short and long sleeve shirts, we also recommend bringing long & short pants, all these items lightweight and comfortable
- Lightweight jacket, hopefully, synthetic material, and a heavier fleece for cool weather
- A good hat that can offer protection from the sun
- Walking or hiking shoes and sandals or flip flops
- Bottle for water or “hydration pack” such as Camelback
- Prescription glasses and sunglasses with a strap if you prefer
Additional Highly Recommended Items:
- Prescription medicines you may need during the trip
- Personal toilet articles
- Casual clothing, such as jeans and sleepwear
- Swimming suit for pools
- Trekking poles
- Travel alarm clock
- Small flashlight
- Camera and extra memory card
- Sunblock, insect repellent
IncludedAll taxesBoat rideLodgingMealsTour GuideTransportation
Not IncludedAccommodationBottle of waterPickup and drop-off from the airportTickets