Snowcap and Quetzal
Our Photo Gallery:
This tour is designed to visit two very diverse areas of Costa Rica, both have a wealth of birds and wildlife.
The garden of Hotel Bougainvillea will be the best introduction to the flora and fauna of Costa Rica. The place is designed to impact the visitor by showing a collection of native plants that attract a wide variety of birds such as Motmots, Oropendolas, Parrots, Hawks, and of course, Hummingbirds just to mention a few.
As a matter of fact, the reputation of Rancho Naturalista is well-known in the world of birding, the food, the warmth of people, and the opportunities to photograph birds such as the Snowcap, and other hummingbirds. Not forgetting the emblematic Sunbittern will make your visit to this place unforgettable.
Savegre Hotel will provide you with a fantastic forest, trails, and of course high quality of birding. The Chiriquí zone shared by Costa Rica and Panama is the host of the famous Resplendent Quetzal as well as many endemic species that can enrich the experience of the visitor to the highlands of the country.
Names of the Main Habitats that we will visit:
- Rainforest on the foothills of the transitional forest (Orosi Valley)
- Rainforest on the foothills of the Caribbean slope (Turrialba Valley)
- Paramo habitat over forests (Cerro de la Muerte)
- Highland Oak Forest (Savegre)
This tour can be modified if necessary, based on the traveler’s needs. We will be assisting you with any questions you might have, just send us a message through any of the official channels like E-mail or WhatsApp and we will gladly assist you with your requirements.
- Lodging for 7 nights
- All meals except arrival dinner
- All taxes
- Private transport from and to the airport
- Private transport between lodges
- Private bird guide at Rancho Naturalista and/or Savegre Hotel
- Additional night in San Jose upon arrival or before departure if necessary, depending on-air schedule
- All-inclusive package (Best sale)
Trip Gear and Clothing:
Binoculars are always recommended on all wildlife tours and this one is not an exception.
You are coming to a Rainforest, though you may need simple tools, but useful:
- A good raincoat or waterproof rain gear, always makes a big difference when unexpected shower comes through, you may not experience any of them, however, keep that in mind
- You should bring an umbrella instead of a raincoat, it can get too hot
- Short and long sleeve shirts, we also recommend bringing long & short pants, all these items lightweight and comfortable
- Lightweight jacket, hopefully, synthetic material, and a heavier fleece for cool weather
- A good hat that can offer protection from the sun
- Walking or hiking shoes and sandals or flip flops
- Bottle for water or “hydration pack” such as Camelback
- Prescription glasses and sunglasses with a strap if you prefer
- Prescription medicines you may need during the trip
Additional Highly Recommended Items:
- Personal toilet articles
- Casual clothing, such as jeans and sleepwear
- Swimming suit for pools
- Trekking poles
- Travel alarm clock
- Small flashlight
- Camera and extra memory card
- Sunblock, insect repellent
Not IncludedBoat rideBottle of waterPickup and drop-off from the airportTicketsTour GuideTransportation