Photography Tour Focus On Hummingbirds
This tour is designed to stay in the best areas for photographing hummingbirds in Costa Rica.
The journey focuses on hummingbirds, we must take into account that we will be visiting the best places dedicated to their protection with natural gardens that attract them, for the enjoyment of the visitor, to watch their incredible colors, and the majesty in the way they ride the air.
Our Photo Gallery:
San Jose International Airport, Lodging Trapp Family Country Inn
- On this tour, we will pick you up from the International Airport and drive you to Trapp Family Country Inn where you will spend the first night.
- On the second day right after breakfast, we will depart to the highlands of Poas Volcano where hummingbird feeders are set with many opportunities for you to get your photos.
Rancho Naturalista on the Caribbean Slope
- Rancho Naturalista is one of the most famous bird-watching lodges in the entire world, and its famous balcony will easily provide a good set of hummingbirds while you are visiting this outstanding area.
Hotel Quelitales near Tapanti National Park
- Quelitales Hotel is set on the foothills of Tapanti National Park, the geological position of the park declares a new set of hummingbird species that can keep you occupied for more than two days.
Savegre Hotel in the Highlands of The Talamanca Mountain Range
- Savegre Hotel is located on the northern face of the Talamanca Mountain Range which is home to many endemic species of hummingbirds.
Bosque de Paz in the Caribbean cloud forest
- Bosque de Paz is well known for the exuberant hummingbird species that can be photographed during the day just a few steps away from your bedroom door.
Back to San Jose, near the International Airport, Lodging Trapp Family Country Inn.
The transportation will be ready whenever it is convenient, right after lunch to take you back to San Jose, exactly to Trapp Family Country Inn, this hotel is not more than 10 minutes away from the Airport.
This tour can be modified if necessary, based on the traveler’s needs. We will be assisting you with any questions you might have, just send us a message through any of the official channels like E-mail or WhatsApp and we will gladly assist you with your requirements.
- All lodging
- All meals except the first two dinners upon arrival and dinner the night before departure
- All taxes on meals, lodging, and included transport
- Transport and driver for a day trip to La Paz Waterfall Garden the first full day after arrival
- Private transport from and to the airport and between lodges
- Costa Rica Gateway can provide a private Bird-Guide at each location or throughout your trip
Trip Gear and Clothing:
You are coming to the Rainforest, though you may need simple tools but valuable:
- Cameras of your choice are required in all wildlife photo tours
- Any camera gear; extra lenses, extenders, Filters, battery chargers, tripod if you like it, Camera straps, Light kit
- Rain cover for the camera and lens
- Flashes of preference (some places do not allow flash), Reflectors, or even Studio backdrop, (Please take into consideration the weight of the suitcases)
- A good raincoat or waterproof rain gear always makes a big difference when an unexpected shower comes through (you may not have experienced it)
- You should bring an umbrella instead of a raincoat, it can get too hot
- Short and long sleeve shirts, we also recommend bringing long & short pants, all these items lightweight and comfortable
- Lightweight jacket, hopefully, synthetic material, and a heavier fleece for cool weather
- A good hat that can offer protection from the sun
- Walking or hiking shoes and sandals or flip flops
- Bottle for water or “hydration pack” such as Camelback
- Prescription glasses and sunglasses with a strap if you prefer
Additional Highly Recommended Items:
- Prescription medicines you may need during the trip
- Personal toilet articles
- Casual clothing, such as jeans and sleepwear
- Swimming suit for pools
- Trekking poles
- Travel alarm clock
- Small flashlight
- Camera and extra memory card
- Sunblock, insect repellent
Not IncludedBoat rideBottle of waterPickup and drop-off from the airportTicketsTour GuideTransportation