Cool and Comfortable Birding Tour
Designed for casual and avid birders, these comfortable lodges offer the pleasant climate of the pre-montane and montane regions with great birding right outside your room.
Our Photo Gallery:
If you love nature or places that are nice and quiet, maybe you are thinking about a tropical vacation, but with not much but tranquility or simply relaxing birding in good hotels. This tour is the perfect one for you since we visit the best hotels related to nature. conservation and protection of wildlife, with opportunities to learn and study about the wonders of Costa Rica without making much effort, this tour is the perfect one for anyone who’s passionate about the tropics and its wonders.
Private transportation between lodges: Add $1,198 divided by the number of participants
(Airport pick-up -> Hotel Bougainvillea -> Rancho Naturalista -> Savegre Mountain Lodge -> Bosque de Paz -> Trapp Family Lodge -> Hotel Bougainvillea -> Airport drop-off).
Names of the Main Habitats that we will visit:
- Caribbean lowlands (Tortuguero National Park)
- Rainforest on the foothills of the Caribbean slope (Arenal Volcano foothills)
- Cloud Forest (Tilaran Mountain Range)
This tour can be modified if necessary, based on the traveler’s needs. We will be assisting you with any questions you might have, just send us a message through any of the official channels like E-mail or WhatsApp and we will gladly assist you with your requirements.
- All lodging
- All meals except arrival dinner and dinner the night before departure at Hotel Bougainvillea
- All taxes on meals and lodging
- Private transport from and to the airport and between lodges; the total is divided by the number of guests
- Private quality bird guide throughout your trip
- Guide service at Savegre Hotel, Rancho Naturalista, Bosque de Paz, and Monteverde
- Optional extras mentioned in the description of each lodge
- Entrance fees to various reserves while in Monteverde
Trip Gear and Clothing:
Binoculars are always recommended on all wildlife tours and this one is not an exception.
You are coming to a Rainforest, though you may need simple tools, but useful:
- A good raincoat or waterproof rain gear, always makes a big difference when that unexpected shower comes through, you may not experience any of them, however, keep that in mind
- You should bring an umbrella instead of a raincoat, it can get too hot
- Short and long sleeve shirts, we also recommend bringing long & short pants, all these items lightweight and comfortable
- Lightweight jacket, hopefully, synthetic material, and a heavier fleece for cool weather
- A good hat that can offer protection from the sun
- Walking or hiking shoes and sandals or flip flops
- Bottle for water or “hydration pack” such as Camelback
- Prescription glasses and sunglasses with a strap if you prefer
Additional Highly Recommended Items:
- Prescription medicines you may need during the trip
- Personal toilet articles
- Casual clothing, such as jeans and sleepwear
- Swimming suit for pools
- Trekking poles
- Travel alarm clock
- Small flashlight
- Camera and extra memory card
- Sunblock, insect repellent
Not IncludedAccommodationBoat rideBottle of waterPickup and drop-off from the airportTicketsTour GuideTransportation